February 2019 News
Mr Beans News
So all of January has been a really busy month for us, refurbing our new unit for the Mr Beans Coffee HQ so that we can increase production and give our customers an even more efficient experience. Now that this is done, we can focus on February and the rest of the year! We will have some photos on our Instagram page coming very soon of the refurb, so please check them out 😊
Where can you find us?
As always, our online shop is the quickest and most accessible way to enjoy our coffee but we have some fantastic news for gym goers as we are now teaming up with Grange Fitness Performance Centre, in Martlesham, to have Mr Beans Coffee always on the go! This should all be in place by the 7th of February. We will also be booking up all the Summer events in the area so we will keep you posted when we have the dates finalised.
Recipe of the month
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, why not treat a loved one with this awesome Chocolate ‘melt in the middle’ cake with a hazelnut and Brazilian Santos coffee crust 😊
Ingredients (Six portions)
125g of dark chocolate
125g of unsalted butter + 50g of butter for ramekins
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
50g of caster sugar
Pinch of sea salt (I recommend Maldon’s)
50g of plain Flour
10g of cocoa powder
40g of crushed hazelnuts
2 tablespoons of Mr Beans Brazilian Coffee (Cafetiere grind)
1.First of all, put your ramekins into the freezer, this will help lining your crust later.
- Melt 125g of dark chocolate and 125g of butter with the pinch of salt together by placing into a bowl and then put over a saucepan to create a bain marie.
- While your chocolate is melting, put all your whole eggs, yolks and sugar into a bowl and whisk until it forms a peak (this should take around 10 minutes by hand or 3-4 minutes with an electric whisk).
- By this point, your chocolate mix should have been completely melted, now take off the heat and add very slowly into the egg mixture so it stays as light and fluffy as possible. Once all the chocolate is incorporated, add the 50g of plain flour and mix fully then leave on the side.
- Melt the remaining 50 grams of butter and coat the ramekins (which should be really cold by now) with a pastry brush making sure all sides are covered.
- Mix the cocoa powder, hazelnuts, and the Mr Beans Coffee all together in a bowl and rub the inside of the ramekins so it sticks to the butter. You can now pour your chocolate mixture in the ramekins. Any remaining hazelnuts and coffee can be added on top so it is completely covered.
- Cooking time on a standard ramekin (height 6cm and diameter 21cm) will be 9 minutes at 190 degrees. This will slightly change if you have a bigger ramekin or has come straight out of the fridge, so just add an extra minute or so.
- To take out the cake, place a small knife and go around the outside of the ramekin just to make sure it doesn’t stick and comes out with ease onto your plate.
- Now enjoy your hard work with an oozy chocolate “melt in the middle cake” perfect with a ball of vanilla ice cream 😊
Street art pick of the month
Our Valentine inspired pick is from a street artist called ‘Sixten’, who has done this awesome stencil demonstrating powerful love in Brooklyn.
Photo by Jaime Rojo.